Find Out How We Can Help
Frequently Asked Questions
Note: we are updating this page as more information about the program becomes available
1. What is the Emergency Broadband Benefit program?
The Emergency Broadband Benefit is an FCC program to help families and households struggling to afford internet service during the COVID-19 pandemic.
2. When does the benefit start?
The benefit will start on May 12, 2021.
3. Who is eligible for this program?
Typically people receiving government support in programs such as Medicaid are eligible. Current Lifeline recipients are eligible.
4. What is the duration of this program
The program will end when the $3.2 billion are disbursed, or six months after the end of the public health emergency.
5. Is there a cost to participate in this program?
With the Sano Health service, there is no cost to participate. The device and monthly service are fully covered for the duration of the program.
6. What happens at the end of the program?
At the end of the program, the patient can keep the device to use over WiFi or to sign up for service with a broadband service provider of their choice.
7. Where is the Sano Health service offered?
Sano's service is available in the US 50 states