Simplified RPM for better patient care
Remote patient monitoring (RPM) is effective for care management for select patient populations. However, for many care providers, implementing the right RPM solution is complex:
. RPM solutions and costs vary widely.
. Sourcing the monitoring devices is cumbersome.
· Requires an adequate mobile device and technical skill.
· Necessitates prompting for patients who lapse.
· Patient selection is complex.
· Patient training and support need time and resources.
· Billing and reimbursements are complicated.
· Monitoring of patient vitals requires medical resources.
· RPM integration needs skilled software expertise.
Care providers often need assistance to implement an RPM solution that is uniquely tailored to their needs.
Introducing RPM as a Service
In an RPM as a Service (RPMaaS) model, the service provider takes on some or all the tasks needed for a successful RPM program. These services fall into four broad categories:
(2) Care Management/Administrative Support
1. Technology Services
· Deliver an RPM solution that is:
- Feature rich
- Easy to use
- Works with many clinically validated peripherals.
. Offer a rich portal that enables the care provider to view and analyze patients data along many dimensions.
· Select clinically validated, low cost devices appropriate for each patient cohort.
· Offer mobile devices that can function as “RPM companion devices” for patients whose mobile device or Internet service are not adequate.
· Facilitate integration of RPM with the provider’s EHR as needed.
2. Care Management/Administrative Support
· Assist in patient selection to identify appropriate candidates.
· Assist in onboarding and training patients to use the RPM kit.
· Monitor patients throughout the regimen.
· Provide engagement resources to remediate patients who lapse.
· Assist with all billing and reimbursements.
· Offer ancillary services that support patient conditions, such as education, assistance with nutrition and other.
. Assist with patient graduation and reuse of kits for other patients to reduce cost.
3. Logistics Services
· Source RPM devices for each patient cohort
· Configure “RPM kits” for each condition and recycle the kit to another patient once a patient graduates.
. Ship the pre-configured kit to the patient or to the clinic.
· Preload the RPM application and other digital health utilities on the wireless device and pre-connect that device to RPM peripherals.
. Sophisticated analytics and reports enable customers to achieve internal quality improvement goals and to report on quality measures for value-based models of reimbursement.
RPM is not a one size fits all proposition. Providers need to work with experts who tailor a solution to their needs. The RPMaaS model addresses the diverse requirements of all types of providers.
Contact us to learn more.
Digital health enablement solutions
• Improve digital health access to your under-connected patients and members
• Improve patient engagement and activation